Because we care!
WHO WE ARE
The Learning Support Department supports students with special needs who find it difficult to keep uo with the normal pace of their class.
We believe that educational decisions are made with and by students, and their families, so they can ascertain their own futue.
WHAT WE OFFER
We aim to:
1. Establish an inclusive high-quality teaching as the right of all learners where high expectations are maintained
2. Provide all learners access to the curriculum and extra-curricular activities through differentiated learning and teaching
3. Clarify the nature and range of additional educational needs (AEN)
4. Establish and implement procedures and strategies allowing for the creation of an inclusive learning environment
The ESEB department provides individualised support including:
– Providing teaching staff with appropriate differentiation and scaffolding strategies through Specialist Teacher feedback
– A smooth transition between primary to secondary for students with needs
– Collaboration with external educational and professional organisation
– In and out of class one to one and small group support
– Pre-teaching and vocabulary learning sessions
– EAL (English as an Additional Language)
– Extra reading & writing, Literacy, Dyslexia and organisational support
– In-school assessment for Exam Access Arrangements
Meet our team
This post is also available in: French