Presentation of our chemistry department
The chemistry department of international school Michel Lucius is situated in the aisle 4000 on the 3rd floor of the school where we offer:
- four equipped classrooms
- three equipped practical rooms
- each classroom and laboratory is equipped with beamer, apple tv and elmo.
International School Michel Lucius
A first introduction to chemistry is facilitated in the Science classes (age 12-14). The international GCSE curriculum (4IEC and 3IEC, age 15-16) is an externally assessed 2-year programme covering the most important areas of chemistry. This qualification enables a successful progression to the externally assessed AS and A Level (age 16-18).
More information on the different qualifications can be found under the following links:
Lycée Michel Lucius
Chemistry is taught in German in following sections:
- Générale Ingénierie (GIG) from 4e to 1e
- Générale Sciences Naturelles (GSN) from 4ème to 1e
- Générale Professions de Santé et Professions Sociales (GPS) from 4ème to 3ème
Our students work to pass the ‘diplôme de fin d’études secondaire et technique (GIG et GSN)’, or to be able to go to another school to learn a profession in the health or social sector.
This post is also available in: French