Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award
Are you between 14 and 24 years old ?
Do you want to be active and help others ?
Then we are looking for YOU !
Subscribe now by filling out the following document !
Welcome to the Mérite Jeunesse at the LML !
First, you need to determine what level is right for you.
The Award is divided into three levels: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. (Click here for more information about those three levels or read this quick overview of each of the levels of the award and what is required to achieve them)
Depending on your age and experience, you may choose to start at the beginning (Bronze) and work your way up, or jump right in to Silver or Gold. Completing a level of the Award can take as little as 6 months, or 18 months or more, depending on your level and personal pace. Here are some ideas on what you can do in each category !
Learn more about all three levels and the commitment each requires by downloading the Summary of Conditions for references. (Find the black and white print version here)
There are many benefits to doing The Award. Here are just a few of the key points about doing it!
Take some time to read other participant’s stories !
Frequently asked questions
1. I want to sign up for the Award but I have problems to plan my program (i.e. missing skill, sport or service). Please use this document as inspiration.
2. I would like to sign up for the Mérite Jeunesse, but I cannot find the necessary form to fill out ! Find the necessary form here !
3. Where can I find the tutors at the LML ? You can find Mr. Thiel every day in his office at the SPOS, next to the CDI !
4. Do I have to do 2 hikes in total to obtain any Award ? YES, you do need to do 2 hikes, one for preparation and one as a final hike.
5. Do we have to achieve our goals in all four categories (voluntary work, skills, sports, expedition) ? YES, you have to achieve your goals in all four of the categories. There will be no exception.
6. Until I get my own record book, where can I get those hours signed off that I already did ? Click here for the necessary files.
7. Which maps to chose for which part of the country? Click here to find a map that shows you how !
8. Where can I find online and print the maps I need to plan my journey ? Visit this site !
9. When we’ve decided on our group members for the expedition, where can we register our group ? Click here for group registration!
10. We’ve decided on our hike route but we don’t know where to fill in the information for the assessor! Find the form here !
11. I’ve signed up for an expedition, but I cannot find the important medical form I need to fill out ! Download it here: medical form !
12. Is it enough for me to complete the requested hours or do I need to check the requested months ? You have to achieve your goals by doing your activities on a regular basis, which would be ideally about 1 hour per week for the requested number of months.
This post is also available in: French